I love finding the forum or blog posts that have titles like “Problem I Have – Solved”. This is not like that.
I installed Joomla 3.2.3 on my web host where I’ve been running Joomla 1.5.26. The Joomla 3 installation can send mass email, but its contact forms don’t send. On the 1.5 install, both mass emails and contact forms send fine.
- It can’t be the mail settings, since the mass emailer works fine.
- It can’t be the mail program on the host, since the 1.5 install sends fine and the mass mailer on the v 3 install works.
- It can’t be an issue with the domain of the web host vs domain of my From: address for the same reasons.
- It could be contact form options, but I’ve tried everything I can find.
- I’ve tried the tips from blog posts regarding copying libraries from a new install – no luck.
I finally had to admit defeat and installed the free version of the Flexi Contact extension. I hate to give up, but installing that extension got me a working contact form in a few minutes.